Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kansas Part 1 Continued...

After looting thrifting in Lawrence, Patricia and I loaded up and headed over to Topeka to go to my FAVORITE thrift store in the entire world!  On the way we stopped and saw our friends  Donneta and Jeff who my family stays with every year on our trip to Kansas bringing a gift of wild flowers, and lots of attentive petting for our favorite Golden Retriever Cooper, after saying hello we were on to Topeka!
While this pickings were pretty slim, I did pick up a record player for $40.00 for Casablanca regular and friend Sheldon, and some new records for myself!
( Julie Andrews in "Camelot", Yule Brenner in "The King & I" , "Promises Promises", Dean Martin "Everybody Loves Somebody", Angela Lansbury in "Mame" )

 I also found a new piece to save up my money for, I would have bought it this go round if only we could have made it fit in the car! This crank Victrola is bused, but it looks JUST like the one in "It's A Wonderful Life" and I've wanted it for a couple of years now, and its always there so If it happens to be there at Christmas I might just fork over the  money for it and bring it home.

After Joyland Patricia Treated me to a birthday dinner at Outback Steak House, and then we headed back to Lawrence... but made a side trip to Lake Perry in scenic Perry Kansas!


As the sun set we headed back to Curtis' place, and finally fell asleep listening to our new Dean Martin record.


-Mick-

2 comments:

Amber Von Felts said...

Magical Moments! That lake looks so inviting. Makes me wanna take a dip :-)

Shara said...

I know I only seemt to comment on your Topeka trips - but golly - I was in Topeka the very same day - Thursday-Sunday precisely. Our hotel was right across the street from the Outback! We were going to go to Joyland, but we were limited on thrifting time. I did go to Goodwill and several thrifts. Come visit my Pickin' in Topeka post!