Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yay More Junk!

Found yet another teacup with my Grandmothers blue and pink flower pattern on it from her Wedding Dishes for $0.33!! I had just been telling Patricia about the last time I came and out of no where spotted one and then just as I was gesturing to where I found it BAM! There was another one! Of course a frantic search ensued to see if there were any matching plates or candy trays, but alas one little teacup was all that remained. The record in the back is an Ebay find, from the 1953 Broadway musical "Wonderful Town" after stumbling upon the 1954 telecast with Rosalind Russell!
I HAD to have it, mostly because of the song in the show titled "Conga!" What Basically happens is Ruth more level headed sister (played by R.R.) in dire need of a job heads down to the Brooklyn Ship yard to get an interview (for a paper she thinks she has been hired at, but is really just a mean joke from her more attractive sister Eileen's beau.) from the foreign Saliors  who only know the English words "American. Dance. Conga!" and Hillarity ensues...

Its just a terribly fun show I hope to be apart of someday! AND who doesn't love a good conga!

Now I owe a great big thank you to Chris over at Im not Old im Vintage!
She read my post about the fantstic Frankoma I scooped up, and offered to send a few pieces my way. She totally surprised me and made my day with the White glazed vase for my Birthday (June 22 is right around the corner!) I love the way it looks and its marked "43" on the bottom, I know that's the pattern number but the Casablanca was BUILT in 1943, How perfect! Thanks so much Chris I'm just itching to use it!

Hope your thrifts are good ones!

-Mick-

5 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

Fun Post - love the clip.

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

Hey Mick, The sets for the Dr Suess show are wonderful and very creative, you guys should be proud. Check out the musical Pricilla Queen of the Desert showing on Broadway, I think you are going to be inspired. Thanks for dropping by. Hf,K

Amber Von Felts said...

Aw happy almost Birthday Mick! Maybe for your B-day party you can have a conga line endurance contest! I'd love to see that!

Zootsuitmama said...

Our birthdays are three days and many many years apart! Happy Birthday!

Vintage Christine said...

I'm just getting around to reading your posts--I know how much you love Frankoma and am glad these pieces are getting a wonderful new home!