Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mr. Jordan's Dream House

Its a long ways off! Haha
But today I was talking to a friend about her dream house, and she said "I want my house to be Brady Bunch cool, but classy like Samantha's House on Bewitched." Well I asked her "why those 2 houses?" and she says "because iv seen so many episodes, I fell like I know the house like the back of my hand..."

So I go tot thinking what TV show house id want to live in....And if I was gonna build a house, Id Want to Love it...and lets face it I LOVE LUCY!


To Be more exact, I love Her and Ricky's 3rd floor New York Apartment! I think since i was 7 years old iv wanted to live there. So I did some research (watched a few episodes) Then got busy drawing. (My Major is Set and Interior Design) And here's what I came up with for a floor plan of the SET Of I Love Lucy. (Click The picture to enlarge and get a good look) Its really hard to see I know but its pretty close, the actual Sets were 45 feet long and 18 feet wide.


As I started drawing I wanted to see some visuals, I googled "I love Lucy Sets" and They have actually been re-created in the I Love Lucy Museum in Jamestown New York.








Everything has been recreated right down to the Kitchen!



It was so weird seeing these in color! They are NOTHING like what I imagined... I always knew Lucy's cool Davenport was Green, imagine NAVY BLUE!?

Well after a stroll down memory lane, this Is what My dream house would look like!
(click the pic to enlarge and get a good look)


In theory, Iv created a 2 bedroom, 2 bath 1,260 feet! I gotta say though, If i ever build this house, I want it to be as close as possible to the sets... except for the colors. I'm not sure what the Living room would be painted, but my couch would be turquoise! The Bathrooms one yellow, and one pink! No matter what, I know dream house or not Whenever I come through the door I'll call "Honey, I'm home!

So readers What do you think?! What TV house have you always wanted to live in?!

-Mick-

9 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

That's fantastic--and I would love to be able to go see the Lucy Museum. You're right, though--it WOULD be weird to see everything in color. It's weird enough just looking at your photos in color. I always loved her kitchen and that back door that the Mertzes always used.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Hiya Mick. Love your blog so much I featured it on mine. Hope you get lots more followers, you blog is a hit! I love it!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oops, you = your. Typo at no extra charge lol . . .

Maggi said...

I have always wanted Lucy's apartment (and more importantly her furniture, lol)! Although the Brady house was pretty awesome. It would need a toilet though. :D

happileah said...

Wow, it is strange to see it in color! Jamestown is only an hour away from me, I should visit one day.

I agree with Maggi, the Brady Bunch house, for sure!

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Hi Mick! Lovin the blog! Keep up the good work.
xoxo
MaryDeluxe

Mick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mick said...

Leah, If you do go over the the Meuseum, a Post card would be GREATLY appreciated! I would proudly display it in the bowl on my mitchen table!

Entrepreneur Chick said...

Oh my gosh! I've died and gone to heaven at your blog!

I LOVE this post. What a great, talented idea.

Atomic Ranch House and I follow each other (LUV her) and she said I'd like your blog, and she's exactly right.

I WILL be back.