Monday, December 1, 2014

#ChristmasMovieMonday

Gonna try a new thing out here on the blog dear Readers!
For the next four Mondays leading up to Christmas, I will share with you a few of my favorite Holiday films! Who know, I might even present you with a double feature "A" and "B" Picture.
So to kick things off, here is the 1945 classic starring Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan in "Christmas In Connecticut"!



The basic synopsis is-
"In her Smart Housekeeping column, Elizabeth Lane (Stanwyck) provides festive recipes and homemaking hints. But the real Elizabeth's got a secret: she needs a recipe to boil water. Elizabeth has no cooking skills, no Connecticut farm, no adoring husband, and no baby-makes-three as depicted in her column. She better get them! Because Elizabeths boss has invited himself and a recently returned war hero to her home for Christmas!"

-My Grandmother Jordan once said "Every Barbara Stanwyck movie is about, Barbara Stanwyck falling in love with a younger man, and causing a lot of trouble along the way!" Hahah once again she is right!

The DVD I purchased also came with a bonus short film "A star in the night"-

"A star in the night" is a sweet yuletide film in its own right, but "Christmas in Connecticut" is a wonderful black and white classic to snuggle up and watch on a wintery day.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!

-Mick-

1 comment:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

I've never seen this one. I'll have to check it out.