Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wow Pintrest!

I have seen so many "failed" pintrest projects on Facebook and online, so when a friend posted this crazy way off cooking cinnamon I was pretty skeptical... Looked like a mess waiting to happen. I sprayed cooking oil into the waffle iron, sat the cinnamon role in the center shut the lid, and a few short minuets later... Incinerated a perfectly good pastry.

So I tried it again, and this time as soon as the green "finished" light came on I flipped open the waffle iron and it was perfectly golden brown!
It's a weird concept, but a REALLY Great one! The waffle shape holds more icing on the cinnamon role and helps cut down on the sticky fingers, while still tasting just as great!

I will definitely be doing this more often, as far as I am concerned its the new best way too cook them. The only tedious thing is that in order not to burn the roles you ahve to be standing right there waiting for the timer to finish. But it is well worth it!

Try it if you dare and tell me what you think!

-Mick-

6 comments:

Jim said...

YUM! Mick, you'd be so good on TV! You could sell anything I think!
This does look good and if I had a waffle iron, I would try this. Only one hesitation though....I'd hate to wreck my favourite cinnamon rolls!

nickarmadillo said...

Uh oh. I see a Saturday morning cinnamon waffle binge in my future.

Nita Stacy said...

Yummy! I'm all about cooking things one at a time in a manner such as this. Lately...I've been cooking pancakes in a cup in the microwave. Now I need a waffle iron so I cant try this!

ThrifterSisters said...

I'm going to try this for sure. Much faster than having to wait for them to bake in the oven. I'm pretty sure the kids will appreciate not having to wait!

~Erica

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

I saw that on Pinterest too, but I was afraid to try it. I'm glad you did the leg work for us.

Instead of the old Life cereal commercial where they got Mikey to try it, we'll change the spelling a little and let Mick try things for us! :)

Melissa said...

I've seen this one too but don't have a waffle iron to try it. I'm glad you gave it another go!
My mother-in-law keeps trying to buy me one so I can make waffles for the entire damn neighborhood (ugh, not really but that's what it seems like). Maybe I should let her...
those look freaking delicious.