Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fur Real! Patricia's 21st Birthday Present!

This present has been eight months in the making, and I owe a huge thanks to Friends- Missouri Michael and Cheryl J!  For a while now Patricia has wanted a fur, we've rented a few from the theatre "just for show" but she's wanted one of her very own for a while.  So I tell Michael if he comes across one to let me know... THE NEXT WEEKEND he found this mink for a STEAL at $20.00! So then came SEVEN months of waiting to finally present her with it, and BOY was that hard to do... Patricia almost blew the surprise on our summer trip to Missouri when she nearly bought a fur of her own. (Of course Michael and I double teamed and made that pelt seem like the most moth eaten and worthless thing we'd ever seen. When Patricia finally passed on it, he and I BOTH breathed a sigh of relief! THANK YOU SO MUCH MICHAEL!
 *  *  *
 So then one night I am watching a nondescript old black and white movie studded with 1940's starlets in evening gowns and I notice that the woman who owns the mink has her initials monogrammed into it... Hmmm I think, that would be a classy touch to this gift!
(Patricia Marie Bierra.)
So I consulted with my wonderful costuming friend Cheryl J. at the theatre, and after I had sworn her to secrecy she arranged to have the fur sent to Dallas and monogrammed with Patricia's initials.  In a weeks time the fur was back and had been beautifully monogrammed over the stain lining in the right pocket. (SURPRISE! This stole is actually called a "motor coat" because it has pockets... it also turns out our $20.00 mink is worth about $200.00! what a deal!)  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP CHERYL!

*  *  *
FINALLY the day of Patricia's 21st Birthday arrives, by this point she knows she has a gift, but has no idea the story behind it and is DYING to get at the giant gold box in the back seat of my car.  I pick her up to go to dinner around 6:30p.m. when we arrive at olive garden I can tell the anticipation is killing her so I finally let her open her present! I wish I had filmed it! Patrica's eyes lit up and she was totally, shocked/ thrilled/ and dumb founded and very softly she say "I have a fur!" then not so softly she jumps up and down saying "I have a FUR! I have a FUR!" She loved her present!
(She's not gonna love that I used this picture. 
But it's the only one I have right now of her wearing it!)

It was a complete success, she LOVES her mink, in fact I'm pretty sure she is sleeping in it. I couldn't not have pulled it off with out the help of friends Michael and Cheryl, you guys are the best! Thank you for your wonderful help.
(Here we are, a much classier picture of Patricia on her 21st!)

Happy Birthday Dear!


-Mick-



5 comments:

CherryPicked said...

This is the most adorable story ever! I love finding gifts for people I love that mean something. The reaction is always worth every ounce of energy.

Eartha Kitsch said...

Such an old timey gift-giving moment! I loooooove it!

ThrifterSisters said...

Such a classic gift! Your thoughtfulness definitely earned you some good points, huh?

Wish Patricia a happy belated birthday from the Thrifter Sisters & Maddie!

~Erica

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

What a great story! I can just picture Patricia when she got it. That was so sweet of you, and I love that you got it monogrammed.

A belated happy birthday to Miss Patricia!

Lisa said...

I love that you had it monogrammed for her! Talk about going the extra mile. :D