Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Want It Wednesday!

 (Orange and black honeycomb decorations.)
More like whine about it Wednesday... I have no grounds to "want" as I am really blessed with the things I have. I've made several trips to my storage unit for Halloween decorating, and I think to myself 'wow it only takes a few years of collecting have some nice things!' I can remember when I was a baby blogger, and was new to the party... everyone had decorations for everything and I was jealous! Now as I said I have a few pieces i've collected and I'm proud of, but I would LOVE to add about 10 of these to my stock pile!
I have hunted high and low, but I know i'll find one or two someday! It's all about the thrill of the hunt... and while we're hunting, I would love to have one of these cut out all my own.
(I have tried to replicate my own, and have failed miserably!)


Halloween is on my brain, and we wont be able to decorate until October 13th! Since the Casablanca is hosting the cast party for the West Side Story cast, I'd like to keep the house in its natural late 1950's state for that party, but have it totally fixed up and decorated by the next weekend for our annual Costume Ball!


Happy Wednesday Y'all!

-Mick-


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Great minds think alike! I just posted a Wanted Wednesday about Halloween decorations too!
I wish I had more, but I guess that's something that I will slowly add to over the years, like everyone else.
I love those honeycombs! I'm going to Target today get get some that look a lot like those.
Oh, and if I get bored of my new little blow mold that you like, I'll for sure send it your way. He's just one of 5 decorations right now, so I kind of have to keep him. : )

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

I love the honeycombs! Those things always fascinated me when I was a kid, and they've never lost their appeal. I know the Casablanca will look fantastic for both parties. It always does!!!

ThrifterSisters said...

I am dying for some of those honeycombs too! I have a couple that I put with my Easter decorations but nothing with Halloween colors. So sad :-( Glad we are at the same vintage Halloween pity party. HA!

~Erica

SusieQT said...

I just scored my first Beistle Thanksgiving turkey this weekend for 75 cents. I was so excited LOL! I have never seen the Halloween ones though- I'll keep an eye out.