Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Your Presence Is Requested...

(The 1959 Dance Invitations!)
While festivities at the Casablanca might seem dormant, we are actually gearing up for one of our biggest events of the year dear Readers! It has become tradition during spring break to throw a formal dance at the Casablanca. This event has been a long time dream and it is finally starting to blossom into a staple of the "Social Season" here at the C.H&R. Here is the posts from 1958's Spring Break Dance and also the one that started it all in 1957 we had a wonderful time at each!
 (Our theme "It's Only A Paper Moon".)
This years Dance Committee has chosen formal dress and a black and white 1930's, 40's, 50's theme for the dance. Our song theme is a classic, and perfectly fitting for all of us theatre folk!

We have big plans for the decorations, and hope to feature all kinds of music! Mostly Big Band-y, older George Gershwin/Cole Porter/ Irving Berlin show tunes, with a Charleston and a bunny hope mixed in here and there!
I love making these invitation every year, there is something so delightfully formal about getting a mailed invitation don't you think? I used the paper lantern shape from last years (it is my favorite and will provably remain so) but added a crescent moon to keep with this years theme.
I couldn't make my mind up on a yellow moon, or a blue one so I opted for both! These white paper lantern invitations will be sent out in black envelopes with white writing on them, they look very 1920's and classic. It is truly one of my most favorite parties to plan and prepare for.

If any of you out there in Blog Land feel brave enough to join us for the dance, shoot me an email and I'll set you up with more info! We'd Love to have you attend!

-Mick-


4 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

It's always so much fun to watch the progress as you get ready for the prom each year. I'm sure this one will be bigger and better than ever.

Anonymous said...

your always doing something awesome.

ThrifterSisters said...

Sister & I would love to be there! Take lots of pics. It will be amazing for sure.

Erica

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

I wish I could go!