Friday, November 16, 2012

"Be It Ever So Nearly Finished, There's No Place Like Home."

Patricia and I were not able to make it to the lake before sundown, but TA-DA!
I took off work Wednesday to assist Dad and work on the addition. While we didn't get it totally complete we did get the tin roof on, and 2/3rds of the siding on the front and west wall only two more panels to put on the back!. Granted it wont have any of its doors or windows fitted and installed until the spring. I'm happy to report the outside WILL be finished in time for Thanksmass, and if all goes as planned we will be cutting the "doorway" in the kitchen sometime during the Thanksgiving break next week! HURRAH!
Another surprise arrived on Wednesday, Missouri Michael scouted out this little gem, and I won a vintage NuTone Ceiling heater on eBay, I got it for a song and it is supposed to work. Someday It will be wired into the new addition.
Hopefully this thing works! There is still a ton of work to be done before December 1st, but at least we are making noticeable progress. And with nearly 45 people in attendance for Thanksmass I don't think generating heat will be a problem.

Cross your fingers Readers, we've got a ways to go and these next two weeks will fly at warp speed!

-Mick-


5 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Wow! You've done so much. Can't wait to see it on the 1st!

Vonlipi said...

It looks great and I can't wait to see it during daytime!

LOVE that cool fan!

Reminds me I have to install one during the weekend over my range

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Holy moly! You're zipping right along! I'm so glad you will be able to use it for Thanksmas.

Jennifer said...

I totally have that heater in my bathroom! But you can't have it. I use it far too often!

Mecky said...

I didn't know anyone would want one of those heaters! I have one in my bathroom! I have had it disconnected because I was afraid to use it! I have used it in the past, though, and it makes that the bathroom toasty! Glad you found one!