Thursday, February 25, 2010

NEWS FLASH! LONG LOST MISSING PIECE FOUND!

Oh my dear readers...


A few posts ago I shared with you my grandmother's gift of her 1946 Hamilton Beach mixer. (That I covet) Well there's a funny little metal ring on top of the mixer that my Grandma said "Was for a juicer part, It was made of glass and matched the bowls. Your great grandmother used it but when she 'went' it disappeared." So since then I have been searching ebay with out much luck to find a replacement. Seems like everyone has the mixer or the beaters but no bowls or juicers.



* * *



Flash forward to today, I'm working on spanish and wondering what i'm going to post about. Well my family has this trailer house from 1957 that i'm sure was beautiful back in the day, but over the years its just fallen apart to the point its not live able or savable.

Well I go in and start snapping pictures of all the things that are still there along with my dads castoffs.
I will confess I havent helped this place out any... I have pillaged light fixtures and cabinet pulls....

I found a Montgomery Ward waffle maker that the cloth cord was still good and could be cleaned up, along with a purple tinted glass door knob.

There's this closet in one of the bedrooms that has a bunch of broken dishes in it that are my Grandma's but she just never had the heart to throw away. (This is where I found my very first chartreuse green pyrex bowl) I stand on a chair and start pulling broken things out of the top shelf of the closet, its when I fall off the chair and catch myself on the closet door I notice a small cardboard box with what looks to be a white glass bowl in it...


I pull it over to me and as I lift it out of the box and I see its funny shape it hits me like a TON of bricks "OH MY GOD THAT'S THE JUICER!~" also in the box? THE ACTUAL JUICER ATTACHMENT and FUNNEL!

I left the waffle maker there for another day! Rushed back over to the house all but SKIPPING!  If I was a patient person I would ahve waited until this weekend to actually put the piece on, and take a picture of the whole ensemble... but then again, who likes waiting?!

-Mick-

18 comments:

Retro Keith said...

how cool!!!

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Oh, that is so fantastically awesome! Having and using a mixer like that is swell itself, but having the attachments is definitely the icing on the cake ;)

I see fresh-squeezed orange juice and lemonade in your future... hehehe

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Whoohoo! Now if only I can find a juicer to match my pink Sunbeam ha ha.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

What a find! Fresh OJ please! What about those fabulous wall sconces that are in the trailer? They look pretty great to me! Pull those babies outta there Mick.

happileah said...

Don't you love it when your treasures have a great story behind them? That's so neat!

I love those light fixtures, you need to pillage those babies as well.

Hope said...

i think you oughtta re-furbish the trailer just for fun...!

Mick said...

Pixie, I would but theres just nothing left to start from. at one point this was going to be the "Atomic Wing" of the Casablanca and then I fell though the floor :P

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh that makes it even more awesome then before! So glad you found the attachment. Now go back for that waffle maker!

Yesterday Girl said...

Wow, great story! Thanks for stopping by my blog! x

Vonlipi said...

The Retro Gods are definitely on your side! You must be a very good boy!

I love the treasure trailer, too bad you fell through the floor!

Amber Von Felts said...

The trailer is like a giant time capsule! OMG If you don't refinish it, strip every dang thing you can outta that place...I would have already!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Okay, I am cheering for you! That is too fabulous for words!

Missouri Michael said...

I love it when a plan comes together!

Entrepreneur Chick said...

Amazing. Just think of how long that was sitting there waiting for you to find!

But the trailer. Ouch, huh?

Oooh, how about you hold a contest for all your blog readers to come together and give it a makeover one day?

Or, rather than a contest, maybe a makeover party.

I do love a party.

THEN you could add the trailer as a guest er.. cabin? at the Cassablanca Hotel and Resort. (For a fee, of course.)

Missouri Michael said...

Don't give him ideas - the big celebration at the Casablanca this summer may turn into the newest Extreme Home Makeover...

Mick said...

Hmmmm List of Party games: dancing, various entertainment, eating, sack race, referbishing a 1957 50 foot trailer, movies on the drive-In.... Oh what fun haha : P

Zootsuitmama said...

Oh, I want that! You know I have my little trailer in the backyard, it's my private retreat. Could it be fixed up?
Zootsuitmama

Mick said...

Zuitsuitmama, You shoudl hitch up your private retreat and come join us this summer!