Sunday, August 15, 2010

Recovery Sucks! - The Musical...

Well dear readers let me tell you where I'v been....

A few of you are Facebook friends with me and already know this, but last Wednesday I had  to go to Dallas for Surgery. Now It wasn't anything major, (The doctors had worked on my kidneys when I was 3, and were just checking up on their work). Now some of you might be shouting "MICK WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!" (that is, if you people shout at your computers.) 

Well I have know about this surgery since April, In fact I had it pushed back so I could be in "Pirates of Penzance". The Reason for keeping it a secret, is because 1, its kind of a downer and id rather have a good time! the other reason I cant STAND an overflow  of sympathy haha! For example upon telling one of my moms friends this in May (3 months from surgery) she immediately insisted I sit down in a chair (as if a chair was going to cure me)  As I told one of the nurses who asked  why I hadn't told everyone I know I said...

"Because down here, when you say "Kidney Surgery" People think Steel Magnolias. They think Steel Magnolias and think dialysis , (which I do not have) They think dialysis and then everyone wants you to drink JUICE, and DAMN IT SALLY FIELDS I WILL NOT DRINK JUICE!"

Michael over at Cul-de-sac shack found this video to go with my overly dramatic facebook status!
I don't find the withdraw funny, so please don't think of it that way. But this is almost exactly how I felt with all those damn nurses trying to make me drink full orange orchards! 

Until around 3:00pm today I have felt like crap! Iv written 3 blogs between Wednesday and Sunday and deleted each one because i was heavily medicated when I wrote them! Haha the worst part of this surgery is the prescribed 2 weeks bed rest, ( 4 days down, 8 to go!) I have a feeling Monday the 23rd when I am released of all my medical charts and crap I will do back flips, and enjoy sleeping on my stomach again! Now the race is on, see I will be free from bed rest the 23rd,  Auditions for "Happy Days The Musical"  are on Aug 30th so i'm preparing for that! (can you guess which part I'm going for?haha)

The other Plus about being in bed for 2 weeks, I get to plan like a mad man! I can already tell you the Casablanca will host 2 more major parties before the season out ( a Costume ball at Halloween, and Thanksmass Dinner) with who knows how many get together in between!

Well I just wanted to check in and let you find people know how im doing! I have all the stuff for a giveaway and I'll post about that soon!

-Mick-

7 comments:

Holly Hall said...

Hey, Mister. I'm glad that it all went well, and I hope you're back on your feet very soon. There is something to be said for forced rest and reflection though. The planning is half the fun! Take care, and DRINK YER OJ! :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Well glad you are ok Mick. I would kinda have enjoyed the 'drugged up posts' but understand. Rest like they tell you too and get better soon.

Missouri Michael said...

I'm sure that the drugged up posts would have been most entertaining! Hope you're up and going again soon!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Glad you are doing well!

Zootsuitmama said...

Hope youre feeling chipper soon!! Zootsuitmama

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Take advantage of the bed rest! Hope you recover quickly and can sleep on your stomach again soon!

Amber Von Felts said...

Oh man, I hope you saved the drugged up posts, that would be hilarious! I have never (gasp) seen Steel Magnolias, I guess I had better NetFlix it ASAP. Drink the juice, LMAO, that clip was funny!