Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back To the Pirates! Part 1

Well dear readers,

Our Summer Youth Musical "The Pirates Of Penzance" closed July 31, 2010. So naturally we had the cast party on Sunday Aug 1!  Now I must say there have been times at the Casablanca when I thought i'd never have company again, and others when I wish I could get rid of people, but dear readers never have I seen a situation like this!  My cast mates had so much fun at "As Time Goes By" in June they asked me to host the cast party at the Casablanca (it only took me about 2 seconds to answer!) So after we'd torn down the set, it was officially deiced that everyone was going to Mick's...let the nautical puns begin...

Now as you know, one of the many things that makes a party at the Casablanca is the decoration, and Id been collecting piratical things all summer. My friends Wes and Patricia headed out with me the Thursday before to get the house ship shape
(The Lounge, look at the Gravel are pirate ship I found!)
(On the piano, we have 2 little ships and the 1940's record album to H.M.S. Pinafore. Another one of Gilbert and Sullivan's smash hit shows!)
 But enough of the decorations! Once everyone got to the house, we all went swimming! The majority of these picture were shot by my friend Stephanie, she got some amazing shots!.
 (Here we all are!)
We jumped, and splashed and swam until our arms couldn't move anymore!
(Our Director Matt & Girl friend Stephanie!)

For 3 good hours we swam, doing back flips, front flips, cannon balls, and nose dives into the lake! We even enacted some of our scenes from Pirates of Penzance using the dramtic moments to jump into the water.
It was perfect day for the party, it was a cool 108 ouside and the water felt good and the party was just getting started!

Part two coming soon.

-Mick-

5 comments:

Missouri Michael said...

Glad to see you're feeling up to posting again! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Like I always say, you sure have a lot of fun!! =D

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

Glad to know your feeling better. The old water hole looks like so much fun. Now get healthy so you can kick ass this fall.

Jim said...

So much fun! A cool 108?! Yikes!
Jim

Vintage Christine said...

You do have some big fun doncha sweetie?!!!