Monday, April 12, 2010

"So You Know Its Legit Now?... Right?!

Iv got to say Im shocked!

100 Followers, I owe my friend Colleen over at 'discourses of the mind' BIG TIME. See in December of last year she suggested I make a blog for the Casablanca after me regaling her with the colorful stories and going on there.  The first thing I said to her was "Isn't that kind of 90's? ya know everyone having a blog?"  None the less she persuaded me to join Eblogger and set up camp.Boy am I glad I did! : ) In the early days when I was bouncing off the walls because I had 7 followers I NEVER thought id get to 10, and then came 15 the 20 then... one of my class mates told me "your not legit until you have 100 followers..." I told him "Your legit as soon as you have 1 follower (who was Missouri Micheal  over at "The Cul-de-sac-shack" by the way).   But now I am proud to say we, (because I owe a lot to you readers) are 100 strong! AND If you go to Google type in "Everyone Goes to ...."  "Everyone Goes to Mick's" is the the 4th entry from the top!

...Go ahead, open a new tab and try it.... I'll wait...

Now that you have that out of your system, I have another interesting conversation from a friend abotu my blog, this one took place back in the 60's (of followers) and goes like this!

"So what Do you write about?"

"Oh just stuff, the lake house and day to day junk..."

"And people read that?"
"Well I guess so, haha they leave regular comments..."

"So you just talk about yourself?"

"Well no, I talk about stuff I find, stories funny things that happen...

"AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THIS?!" 

"DID I STUTTER?! Yes they read it, and some of them actually ENJOY it... if you can wrap your mind around that concept..."

His comment worried me a little, but I kept writing and you kept commenting so I guess were doing well!   Iv got to say iv enjoyed getting to know all of you, I litterally roll out of bed and start the day by reading other peoples blogs! 

Well Im just gushing now, and please note if I sound cocky about 100 I really don't mean to be...  I do believe a giveaway is in order! But im going to be selfish and take a few days to find something MARVELOUS to give away. :)

Thank you all SO much for reading, I honestly cant say that enough!

-Mick-


14 comments:

Missouri Michael said...

First follower and first comment on this post! Congratulations on 100 followers! I'll get there...someday...maybe!

Anonymous said...

Hi Missouri Michael! As 100th follower, I salute you!

Vintage Christine said...

Yes, I remember those good ole days back when you were young and innocent with so few followers (I believe I was #4--at least it looks that way after I kept freaking scrolling back and back and back on your Followers widget). I read your blog every single day and come hell or high water I'm driving to the Casablanca for the big hoedown this summer. PS--my Follower list has been stuck on 83 for the last week. I thought that was ok until I read where someone said you're NOBODY unles you have 100 followers. Now I'm totally depressed. Waaaaaaaaaah.

Mick said...

You'll get there Michael! Im just a blog whore! ;) haha

Cheeta, Thank you so much for being # 100

Chris, STOP THAT Lucy like whining and dry your figurative tears! Did you not see my much more powerful statment where all you need is 1 follower?! Think about it your that X 83! : )

Vonlipi said...

100 followers that is soooo cool! Your blog rocks! It is so interesting. I love follwing blogs, it's like having pen pals!

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Happy 100 kiddo!

xoxo
MaryD

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Congrats on 100 followers! I find your blog fun to read. Keep going kiddo!

Missouri Michael said...

LOL! Same to you cheetahvelour!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Actually your blog is one of my favorites!

Kathy said...

Congrats on the big number! I find your blog fun to read, and I stand back in admiration of such a young guy with so many interests and so much ambition..you're a star, Mick:-)

Zootsuitmama said...

Hey Micky, you're so fine you blow my mind -Hey Micky! Hey Micky!
Congrats on 100 followers! Your blog is so cute and fun! And now, where is your kitchen post for my kitchen contest??? I wanna see everybody's kitchen!! Zootsuitmama

MoonDoggie said...

Congratulations - feels good, don't it? :D

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Congratulations on 100 followers! See, everyone really does go to Mick's ;)

Incidentally, I googled "everyone goes to"... and you were SECOND on the search results list!

Megan Smith said...

yay! congrats on your 100th!! :)