Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Built Ford Tough.... DAMN IT...

OH my dear readers....

(you might wanna sit down because im going to rant)

Today is Wednesday,  I go  to school then take my grandmother to the beauty shop. However today was not quite so simple...

Im driving along minding my own business when I spot some debris in the road, so I move over into the next lane. In front of my is a white truck, and a blue mini van. The white truck slams on his breaks, the mini van slams on her breaks, and I slam on my break leaving a good 10 feet between the mini van and myself.  Breathing a sight of relief   that I didn't hit the mini van WHAM  this black Honda slams into my

rear end.  Hitting me hard enough that her car pushes my car forward 10 feet ramming me into the mini van.

  As soon as she hit me I looked up into the mirrion and DAMN IT IF SHE WASNT TALKING ON HER @$@#$%$$%$ CELL PHONE AS SHE CRASHES IN TO MO.
(Let me tell you there is NOTHING more terrifying than the feeling you get when both your feet are slammed on the breaks and your car is STILL moving) 
The people in the mini van call the police, (as I don't have a cell phone) I jump out of my car and go to the girl who hit me, her window was rolled down and I asked "Are you ok?"  *she ignores me* again I ask "ARE YOU OK" she gives me the 'go to hell look' and keeps talking on her cell phone. So I go to the mini van in front. I ask the same question  the lady and man said they were ok, but the little girls head hurt. I said "I am so sorry, but there was nothing I could do!"  the lady driving says "Oh you were stopped, I had enough time to look up and say "oh thank goodness he stopped and isn't going to hit us"  and then WHAM.   She also said she had stopped short because of the white truck in front of her.  Well the Police come, and make sure everyone is ok, and if are cars are movable, and ask us to pull over into this parking lot. We go to the parking lot and the police take down our statments and insurance. 

But it was weird, they didnt give me the girl who hit my cars insurance, they gave me the mini vans.  I asked " does that mean it was my fault?" (BECAUSE IT WASN'T) the officer explained that " no, your car hit the van, so its your matter ( but its not because the other girl hit me causing this whole mess)   And then they never gave me the Honda 's  info!!!!  SO now im sorting this messs out iv got to talk to insurance people tomorrow...

 and to top it all off, MY GREAT GRANDMOTHERS PUNCH BOWL... was the biggest casualty. (I had a head ache, but took 2 aspirin and am fine) the punch bowl however was not as lucky...
I have not had the hear to show this to my mother yet... She will provably kill me, but im going to try and see if it was covered in "contents" on my policy.

Ugh iv provably left out details in this blog, but im just frustrated, I could have taken the whole thing in stride until I discovered the punch bowl DAMN IT!

*sigh*

-Mick-

14 comments:

Missouri Michael said...

hmmm...at least you have the license number of the girl that hit you, hopefully you have all the information from the officer that took the report, and if things get bad, you can always hire an attorney - that should help get everything straightened out. My guess is that you have more pics from the scene...maybe one showing the position of all three cars together? Good luck!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So sorry. Stuff like that stinks and for her to be on her cell phone and ignore you AFTER hitting you. I think you maintained very nicely. The punch bowl, now that is sad. Hang it there and make sure you get this taken care of. Not your fault!

Zootsuitmama said...

First-thank God you are ok. I'm pretty sure that's what your mom will say too. I know it's heartbreaking when things near and dear to your heart are broken, but things happen. So, I'm reciprocating the hug you sent last night! Good luck-ZSM

Vintage Christine said...

Even though it won't be the same, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to replace the broken cups and maybe not mention it to your Mom (if that's possible). Although I think she would totally understand and just be glad her kid is ok. As far as I'm concerned the police officer should've thrown that damn cellphone talker in jail! And the nerve of her to ignore you like that. I think I might've grabbed the stinkin' cellphone right out of her hand and wouldn't THAT have been a brawl.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Sorry to hear about this!

Bailey said...

ROAR!!! That makes me so mad!!! Seriously people HANG IT UP!!!! I've stopped driving and talking on my phone when i realized i will have driven for 20 minutes and don't remember a damn thing!!! I'm so sad about the punch bowl! Just please keep a check on your neck, i'm a massage therapist and if it hurts get it looked at!!! Don't worry it will all be alright! :)

xo Miss B

Lynne said...

MAN! I drive a white Lincoln a bit younger than yours they are TANKS. Glad you and everybody else involved weren't seriously injured. Report the license # to YOUR insurance company; they should be very aggressive about checking this out and pursuing the Honda's driver. Had a similar thing happen; a woman pulled out and hit my Lincoln and gave me bad info (the police would not address it since it happened in a store's parking lot) and so I told her to STEP AWAY from her plate so I could get the number. Reluctantly, she did. Then, after she ditched the scene after agreeing to file with me at the police station (saw that coming, that's why I got her plate #) I called my insurance company. They traced her and her coverage and about two days after she hit me, her company sends an agent to my home, he checks the dent and I get a check for around a grand (even though your car may not look bad, there may well be damage and it COSTS to repair these old darling cars). Her response, conveyed to me via my agent from hers "Wow, I can't believe she found me so FAST!" Good luck, Mick. Sorry about the punchbowl. Mom should understand, because you didn't do anything wrong, but it's never fun to lose a treasure.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am so glad you are ok! of all the stupid laws they pass, why can't they get people off their cell phones while driving! I agree with Christine, your mom will be glad that was ALL that was broken.

And thanks for the info on North by Northwest, we are going to have to rewatch it again tonight!

Retro Keith said...

UGH. So sorry Mick :(

Amber Von Felts said...

Glad you are OK! The dealings with the insurance companies is going to be rough, my BF's brother was just in a pile up like yours, someone hit his car into another and the chain reaction kept on going! People should never drive and talk! Its illegal in CA but believe me it still happens all the time. If some one ever hits me in my Dart, they better hope they kill me or at least knock me unconscious, because if they don't, I might just kill someone with my bare hands! It looks like your car isn't too bad off. I hope all is resolved soon. Hang in there!

Kathy said...

Thank heavens you're ok, Mick. Talking on a cell while driving is illegal here in NJ, but that doesn't stop people..I see it daily. You really should try and get the insurance info for this inconsiderate creep. I hope you can find replacements for the punch cups...those are heirlooms.

Richard said...

Blimey, what a bugger. I'm glad you're okay, but really sorry about the punch bowl. It's really sad, but there's nothing you could have done about it.

And, frankly, I think talking on the cellphone while driving should be banned. I used to live in CA, where it's illegal, and I felt so much safer driving over there.

happileah said...

oh no!!! I'm so sorry, that's horrible!
So glad you're alive & well & blogging about it, though. :)

Missouri Michael said...

Mick, how many of the cups broke? Did the punch bowl get damaged?