Sunday, October 17, 2010

Somethin's Up In That Little White House...

Well, I'm sure that's what my neighbors are saying....

This weekend has been a busy one! Friday night Patricia and I went to the Backdoor theater ( the one I did Jesus Christ Superstar & Pirates of Penzance at) to see Jekyll & Hyde the musical and it was AMAZING!   Saturday we headed out to the Casablanca with friends Lee and Emily to get a head start on the decorating for the up coming Costume party on the 23rd!

This week I'll be doing a room by room showing of the decorations, and with any luck by Friday I'll have the 2010 Halloween Virtual tour up and running!  So I'm starting today off with the "Witches Den"...
(How It looked in sketched)
(In real life, ready for our Gypsy fortune teller)
 It's amazing what a few ratty quilts, some furniture moving and a colored light bulb or two can do to a little room! Some of the quilts we covered the couch and chairs with have "blood spatter/ red paint " on them, from my friend Brittani's "Carry White" costume from last year.
I also painted a few signs to hang here and there, one of my favorites being...

 On the Other side of the lounge, the piano got an equal dose of Halloween decorations, using an old bird cage I found at my grandmothers, some family photos I'v collected  and  of course a few cob webs here and there strung up by friend Emily.
The Piano will be a hot spot during the party I'm sure!
It would seem the former owners of this house left their pet crow behind... and can anyone tell me what this mirror says?! I keep cleaning it off and yet these letter just mysteriously appear again...
 But even with all this great "atmosphere" we created in the lounge, we think you'll find it will be rather hard to stay out of the kitchen... 
Tune in soon!


-Mick-


6 comments:

jamie@midcenturymania said...

REDRUM of course from the Shining. Scary! Looks like an awesome party is brewing.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Murder spelled backwards:)

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Fantastic! I hope to get my Halloween stuff out today!

Jim said...

The suspense is mounting! Two weeks to go....looking forward to it all!!!
Jim

DumpsterDivinDame said...

How fun!!! I Can't wait to see the rest!

Zootsuitmama said...

I want to come!zoot