Friday, January 10, 2014

March Of The Blow Molds!

Well we're back Dear Readers! I'm lagging behind in my posts already... remember last year when with the help of Missouri Michael I made an impulse buy of 43 vintage blow mold yard decorations?! Well here's the second installment of that story. Nine toy soldiers, three choir kids, four Santa clauses, and two snow men!
(And this guy, but he belongs to Patricia!)
(I picked this up in Lawrence KS, 
we welcome all faiths at the Casablanca!)
 I think i'm am going to keep all the toy soldiers, the choir kids, and the larger snowman. The rest I will provably start selling off on Craigslist this coming November.When we left Missouri after a spending New Years Eve with Michael, you couldn't see out the back of the car it was so full of junk treasure!  Once we returned to Kansas to finish out our vacation we repacked and stacked the car for the trip home from Kansas to Texas.
(layer #1)
(Layer #2)
Everything fit! With a little room to spare, AND Patricia could see out the rear window for the 6 hour trip home! With any luck, Monday I will be able to show and tell you all about our Kansas/ Missouri adventures and show you pictures of all the things we got in their new homes at the Casablanca!
("The Blow Mold Room")
Gosh and there is still a couple of trips worth of blow molds left to bring down the rest from Missouri.

Happy Friday everyone!

-Mick-

9 comments:

Jill said...

What fun!! Love blow molds! I saw the most amazing outdoor Christmas blow mold display this year - the gentlemen has been collecting for years! Amazing!

Jill said...

What fun!! Love blow molds! I saw the most amazing outdoor Christmas blow mold display this year - the gentlemen has been collecting for years! Amazing!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful bounty of fantastic treasure! Those soldiers are super collectible around here.
Can't wait to see more!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Can't wait to see all you new finds for the Casablanca!! Blow Mold heaven...love it!

Jim said...

Now THAT is a huge collection of blow molds!! Looks like my collection of chairs!! lol
You've been busy I see with all the travelling Mick.
I am sure you won't have a problem selling these.
Good weekend to you all!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Fun, fun, fun! You're going to be the Clark Griswold of Lake Diversion.

Retro Keith said...

great collection!!!!

ThrifterSisters said...

Eeeeeeeeeek! The post I've been waiting for. Can't wait to see more!!

~Erica

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

oh I love your blow mold collection :)