Thursday, October 10, 2013

HAPPY BEISTLE DAY!

Not to be confused with the French Bastille Day Dear Readers!
Yesterday I received my purchase from Vintage Beistle, I heard about this company through the blogging grapevine.. but I CAN'T remember where! Any who, I am TOTALLY thrilled with my reproduction purchase! This pack of four cut outs retails for $4.50 (shipping not included) and has patterns from the 1950's and 60's. I really like all of them, the iconic Beistle Pumpkin being my favorite!
I have to say I am super surprised with how BIG these are! I know it says 14"-24" in the description but for some reason I thought they'd be small, but they are worth every bit of the $4.50.  Another neat/vintage touch is that the images are printed on both sides, One side is glossy, and the other is matte, which lends an authentically vintage look.

 I am super excited for Sunday, we finally get to put up our Halloween decorations at the Casablanca. This year I have found more paper lanterns and vintage paper goods, so we should be able to make quite the impression on our Costume Ball guests!




I can't wait to show you!

-Mick-

9 comments:

Paulette said...

I have gone to: https://laughingelephant.com/
Laughing Elephant for my vintage looking cards and decorations, but the site you have given us is less expensive and just as cute. Thanks for the new shopping site.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

This is such a great site. I'm going to show it to the grandkids tonight and let them order some decorations. Thanks for sharing the link with us.

Jim said...

Hey Mick!
These repros look very authentic and will brighten up your festivities at Casablanca.

SusieQT said...

Glad you found some, they are neat! I thought of you today in Target- they have some brand new honeycomb balls in the Halloween section. I think they come in a pack of 3 for $5...

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I'm so happy to know about this website! I have a few old ones, but there are several that I'm sure I'll never find. Thank you so much for letting us know!
Erica :)

ThrifterSisters said...

I need to check that website out! Since vintage Halloween is so hard to find and so crazy expensive, I like to mix the repro's into my décor. Unless you are a vintage nut like us, you can't tell the difference!

Have a great weekend,

Erica

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

I heard about it first at

Andromeda Vintage!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Ooohh, do you feel that? It's me giving you a big thank you hug from across the mile for introducing me to this stellar site. It's probably too late to order and have anything arrive to Canada by the 31st this yer (if they ship north of the 49th that is), but I'll definitely be returning again in 2014. Halloween is my favourite holiday and I'm always on the prowl for great sources of affordable decor. Thank you so much for this new gem!

♥ Jessica

*PS* I've got some seasonal/festive recipe posts in the works for the the fall and winter that I think you're going to really enjoy.

Melissa said...

Ok, you have me convinced! My booth did well this month so far so I'm going to order a few. SO much cheaper than the real thing!