Monday, June 27, 2011

Colorful Kansas & Magnificent Missouri, Our Trip Part 1.

Bright and early Tuesday morning, Patricia and I loaded up the car and headed out for Lawrence Kansas! It's about an eight hour drive and we were on our way to see and stay with friend Curtis for a few days.
So we drove, and drove, and drove some more through Oklahoma City....
Through the Kansas Flint Hills and finally we made it to Curt's house.  Once unloaded,  Curt and his girlfriend Lauren took us over to the "Lawrence Observation Point" it is a neat Civil Engineers project that's free to the public.
(Lauren, Curtis, & Patricia)
(The Observation tower)
We got there just as the sun was about to set, and it gave to us a spectacular view!
(Patricia & I watching the sun sink over the hills )
To end the Day we took a hike on a small trail, then headed home for dinner and a good nights rest! 

*  *  *
Wednesday June 22, My Birthday...
*  *  *
Was a day of thrifting fun! Our little group started in down town Lawrence Kansas on Mass street. Massachusetts Street is lined with old buildings and is mostly antique and reporupus shops... theres also parts of the street that have been taken over by the Dreaded "Hipsters" Ugh.
Patricia stopped to pose by the bicycle, shes wearing the favorite dress that I got her on another thrifting trip and two seconds after this picture was taken a lady walked up and told her she "Looked absolutely stunning"  and I would have to agree!
The next stop was in The Love Garden record shop on Mass St.  They have so many records it will  make your head spin... haha Okay I'll stop trying to be punny!
(Curtis has a listen to Mr. Conway Twitty...)
After that we hit a few vintage clothing stores here and there...
(Lauren likes to play dress up, poor Curtis...)
Finally we wrapped up the Mass Street activities with a trip to my second favorite Antique mall in Kansas...
(Patricia Looking for vintage hats)
(The Haul from The Antique Mall)
The Lamp I purchased for the set of Hairspray for $30.00, the fireplace TV lamp I snagged for $14.00 and the Commemorative plate I got fro $8.00 and will soon have a place in the kitchen of the Casablanca!
(" 'America's First Family' President & Mrs Dwight D. Eisenhower") 


Well that's all I'm going to show for now! Tune in Wednesday for the rest of my Birthday adventure and Friday for our electrifing outing!

-Mick-

2 comments:

Amber Von Felts said...

Nice birthday road trip! Hooray for June babies (I'm one too!) I'm glad you got to enjoy it with good friends and good thrifting!

Jim said...

First off, Happy Birthday fellow Cancerian!!!
Next, thanks for this tour. I have never been to Kansas, now I can say at least I have 'seen it'!