Monday, July 18, 2011

The Kangaroo Hop!

Look it what I found Thursday!!!!  This little guy was a steal for $15.00!  I have not seen the movie, but I've always heard that there is one just like this in the movie 'Pulp Fiction'. It's a really neat dresser caddy/ organizer, there's a slot for you wallet, his tail holds my Eagle Scout ring, and the "pouch" if for spare change.
 What make this even better aside from being totally awesome in every way, is that it was made in 1956!
(USA Fineline ENT, 1956)

*  *  *
Grandma found the matching 8" serving platter in on of her cabinets its to the flowered set I have at the Casablanca and sent it our way.
(Ta-da!)

*  *  *

Saturday a small group of the Hairspray Cast went "Antiquing/ Thrifting" and I walked away wit a few treasures....
Some vintage sheet music from our faithful booth at the Corner Emporium antique store... I purchased 2 of the books that had a bunch of music in them for single songs, the one that has "Popular Songs" on it had "For Me and My Gal" from the Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland Movie. The "All Stars Radio Theme Songs" has Glenn Miller's arrangement of  "Moonlight Serenade"!  When we all got back to the theatre the lovely Shara played the music for us and before we knew it everyone was crooning along!

 (We have so much fun around here!)

Last but not least in Saturdays thrifting adventure finds...
(An 8 1/2",  209 Pyrex Pie Plate!)
(IN PINK!)
My mother has one just like this, although its much older and worn. We call it the "French Toast/ Chicken Fry"  because its the plate we bread stuff in. I've wanted one for quite some time and for $3.00 this one fit the bill, and since I play "Mr. Pinky" in Hairspray, it will forever be know as The Pinky Plate.

Well it was another fantastic weekend of sold out shows and standing ovations!

-Mick-


5 comments:

Hope said...

I had one of those kangaroo thingies, only mine was $1.99 at the Salvation Army. I used the pouch part to hold my kitchen scrubbie by the sink. That was before the big vintage/retro wave of the last few years. He is really cute!

art deco dame said...

yes!Ever since pulp fiction the price on those little dears has gone WAY up!

Amber Von Felts said...

I have seen the kangaroo on my travels before but never bought one. I like that he's your dresser top valet. :-)

Rebecca said...

Neat Kangaroo-I've never seen one!! I love the pink plate-so jealous-! Love your blog!

said...

This comes in 2 different versions--there is a black and white one too.

I just commented on your dog caddie score-but forgot to mention to keep your eyes out for the gorilla caddy also :)

Its super cool and more rare then the kangaroos.

Also..how could you of never seen Pulp Fiction!?!?!