Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thrifty Finds...

Well Readers,
Let me beg your pardon for being a bad blogger! I'm sorry for not changing the music out in two months, I'm Sorry I haven't been blogging as much,  I'm just amazed at how when I first started I tried to blog every day, then that went to every time I had a good find, to a standard three posts a week, and now... well im lucky if I get nine posts in for the whole month. So much is going on around here so fast I hardly have time to sit down and type it up before the next adventure starts!  Let me just say I have a few big ticket posts in the works, one that I was going to post today, BUT Im still collecting info on the subject and until im satisfied that item will remain secret, I will tease you with the basics I.E. (It has to do with a Mystery around the Theater I work in) and that's all I can say for now. Until that story can be published here are a few nifty thrifty things I've picked up in my sparse, spare time...
(A tea cup in the same pattern as my Grandmothers wedding dishes at the Casablanca $0.33 at Value Village)
(An old glass Fire King mug - free from Grandma)
(A 1950's ?  Ice-O-Mat Ice crusher)
I love collection things with "-O-Mat" on them for the Kitchen at the Casablanca! Not quite sure if the alvacado green is right for my kitchen, or if I'll keep this one but for $1.41  at Value Village it came home with me!
(Les Mis London Cast Album $1.41 at Value Village)
Last but not least is Patricia's find, the Les Miserables London Cast Album with Patti LuPone. Now I'm bracing myself for a slew of  comments about me being "uncultured" and having "no taste", BUT "Les Mis" really isn't one of my favorite musicals... (Its one of Patricia's favorites, She as well as most of our friends were in a production of 'Les Mis' in the summer of 2009) I mean it has its high points and I do value its ground breaking work, however about 65% of it just isn't my cup of tea... and since its one of those shows that seems to be an unwritten law that all theater people must know every word to every song, we figured why not add it to the ever growing Musical LP collection! Its a good thing we have two record players she can go to one end of the Casablanca and listne to her album, and I will go to the other end (or out in the yard) and listen to my current favorite...
The 1968 cast is pretty addicting... or maybe they were addicted....

-Mick-

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Addicted, addicting, or addictive...it's gotta be one of the three, non? did you see my post with all the fire king I put in the shop a couple of weeks ago? A whole collection of peach lustre, is that the colour you have? I love the jadeite but we don't have it here :(

Amber Von Felts said...

Gotta love those ice crushers! They are everywhere I look! My best friend & her BF have a collection going. They nounted them on the wall, in a row and put flowers in the tops! Nice finds :-)